Dirk Heine is a fiscal economist in the Macroeconomics, Trade and Investment Global Practice, Global Macro and Debt Unit. In the past, he worked on Financial Transactions Taxation and PIT as a fiscal economist in the German Finance Ministry’s Division for Structural Issues of Tax Policy. At the IMF Fiscal Affairs Department, Dirk co-authored five publications on environmental tax policy, including the book “Getting Energy Prices Right” which won the IMF Management Award.
Climate Action Peer Exchange (CAPE) is a forum for peer learning, knowledge sharing, and mutual advisory support. It brings together ministers and senior technical specialists from finance ministries across the world, as well as World Bank staff and other international experts, to discuss the fiscal challenges involved in implementing the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) established under the 2015 Paris Agreement. CAPE is a contribution of the WBG to the NDC Partnership.
- Coalition of Finance Ministers for Climate Action
- A Conversation with Nicholas Stern
- A conversation with Ingrid Gabriela Hoven
- A conversation with Pedro Taques, Governor of Mato Grosso, Brazil
- Fiscal Policy to Support NDCs and Mobilize Green Investment (High Level Plenary)
- Fiscal Policy to Support NDCs and Mobilize Green Investment (Q&As).
- Carbon Tax for Ethiopia (Part 1).
- Carbon Tax for Ethiopia (Part 2) .
- Carbon Tax for Ethiopia (Part 3).
- Carbon Tax for Ethiopia (Part 4).
- Carbon Tax for South Africa (Part 1).
- Carbon Tax for South Africa (Part 2).
- Carbon Tax for South Africa (Part 3).
- Carbon Tax for South Africa (Part 4).
CAPE has 6 key focus areas. Here you can explore various challenges and opportunities as well as good practices under each focus area.
This is the quarterly updated CAPE event calendar. You can easily access the event summary of previous events and registration page for upcoming events (except for close-door events).
The CAPE Knowledge Center is a curation of publications, tools, and online resources for CAPE focus areas. You can click on one of the focus areas below to filter for all relevant resources.